Get Ready for Summer Road Trips with a Pre-Trip Car Inspection
As summer comes into view, it’s time to start planning all those summer road trips you’ve been dreaming about all year. From a whirlwind of waterfall views to ghost town visits, Iowa has endless road trip opportunities, allowing you to enjoy the rich history and beauty of the region at your leisure.
Although you’re undoubtedly eager to hit the road, do yourself a big favor and come into the shop for a pre-trip car inspection. Having your car inspected by an ASE-certified technician ensures it’s ready for all your travels.
Ready to get started? Here’s what you need to know about preparing your car for summer road trips.
What is a Pre-Trip Inspection?
A pre-trip car inspection is a thorough assessment of the condition of your vehicle before embarking on a trip. The process involves a good once-over of all the major systems in your vehicle, ranging from the engine and gearbox to the brakes and suspension.
You’ll get a full report of your technician’s findings at the end of the pre-trip inspection. You’ll even see photos and videos of any issues found, helping you confidently make excellent car care decisions.
How to Prepare Your Car for Summer Road Trips
Refreshing fluids, completing maintenance, and confirming that all the major systems work as intended is the best way to prepare your car for summer road trips. Here’s a look at the services that will do you a world of good as you prepare to hit the road.
- Fluid Services: Check your automotive fluids to confirm they’re at the right level and top them off if not. You may also want to get an oil change if it’s due and other fluid services, like the coolant.
- Preventative Maintenance: Complete all the factory-recommended maintenance that’s due for true peace of mind on your adventures. Depending on your car’s needs, this may include brake service, engine air filter replacement, and a tune-up.
- Tire Services: Keep your tires wearing evenly by getting a tire rotation before you head out on your travels. During that service, a technician will inspect your tires for defects and let you know if you need a new set.
- Wheel Alignment: Come in for a wheel alignment to maximize your car’s handling and protect your tires from excessive wear. You should complete this service once a year, so if it’s nearly due, get it done before you head out.
- AC Service: Stay comfortable on your travels by inspecting and testing your AC system. If your ASE-certified technician notes any problems, you can get AC service done well before your road trip.
Also, don’t forget to create an emergency roadside kit if you don’t already have one in your car. This kit should have all the tools and supplies you may need if your car breaks down, including road flares, a spare tire, a jack, a tire iron, food and water, a space blanket, a flashlight, and a hand crank radio. Put all your supplies in a watertight bin and leave them in your trunk so it’s always available.
Is It Time to Get Your Car Ready for Summer Road Trips?
If you’re more than ready to explore Iowa and beyond, get ready for your summer road trips with a pre-trip car inspection at North Liberty, IA. At Quality Car Care, you can count on our team to provide the insights you need to prepare for the road ahead. If your car needs any services, we’ll help you create a repair plan and get your vehicle in good working order.
Ready to schedule your visit? Give us a call at (319) 626-2500, and we’ll help you find a convenient time for your appointment. When it’s time to come into the shop, you can find us at 900 Hwy 965 NE #11 North Liberty, Iowa, 52317 USA.
We look forward to helping you prepare for your road trip adventures, so please give us a call today.